Schneider Electric Strengthens Data Center Infrastructure Management with Cloud-Based EcoStruxure IT Expert roll out.
Schneider Electric has announced the continued roll out of EcoStruxure IT Expert, its cloud-based data center infrastructure management solution, with its release in Europe. With IT Expert, Schneider Electric says it brings secure, vendor agnostic, wherever-you-go monitoring and visibility of all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets.
As part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture, IT Expert operates with all IoT-enabled physical infrastructure assets like secure power and cooling —including the new, cloud-enabled Smart-UPS with APC Smart Connect. It’s creator says IT Expert addresses the data centre industry’s need to simplify how data centres, distributed IT, and local edge environments are managed. Providing proactive recommendations and consolidated performance and alarming data, IT Expert is designed to significantly reduce alarm noise and improve overall site resiliency.
“EcoStruxure IT Expert harnesses the data generated from any environment – from distributed IT to the data centers – and uses it to deliver intelligent benchmarking and increased visibility to all of your connected devices,” says Kim Povlsen, vice president & general manager of digital services & data center software, Schneider Electric. “In our increasingly cloud-based world, IT Expert delivers a remote monitoring service empowered with real-time data and proactive recommendations to repair and improve system availability.”
Key benefits of EcoStruxure IT and its applications
- Global visibility across the hybrid ecosystem regardless of location
- Secure updates of mass configuration and firmware in a more simple and faster process
- Vendor neutral data capture of device information, smart alarms, and monitoring of all connected devices through an open system
- Subscription model ensures the ease of deployment and updating for any size IT or data center environment
- 24/7 remote monitoring options through our partners with EcoStruxure IT for Partners or through Schneider Electric Service Bureau with EcoStruxure Asset Advisor. The Service Bureau or partner helps troubleshoot and dispatch service teams, reducing meantime to repair and improving system availability and performance.
“IDC views the EcoStruxure family as a transformative platform that changes the core way that data centres are monitored and managed,” adds Jennifer Cooke, research director for data centre trends and strategies at IDC.
To date, 1,400 customers are connected on the EcoStruxure IT platform managing 140,000 assets. Each day, 300 million data points are captured, helping to modernise how customer data centres are being managed, operated, and maintained.
As part of the release of EcoStruxure IT Expert, Schneider Electric is offering a 30-day, risk-free, full featured trial. Contact the company for more information.