Ireland’s biggest dedicated DataCentres exhibition has released its conference programme ahead of opening its doors at the RDS in Dublin on the 20-21 November. The conference programme will feature local and international industry leaders and experts in their field in panel discussions, presentations, workshops, case studies and facilitated Q&A sessions to deliver valuable information on Ireland and the Irish market, business opportunities as well as practical advice on how you can improve your efficiency and resilience without compromising effectiveness or security.
Keynote addresses on both days
- Day 1 (Nov. 20) – Niall McEntegart, DataCentre Site operations director EMEA, Facebook “Future Gazing – The Demands On and Development of the DataCentre”
- Day 2 (Nov. 21) – Minister Pat Breen TD, dept of business, enterprise and innovation “DataCentre Strategy for Ireland, Data Protection and GDPR”
The second day conference will feature both a Strategy and Operational Stream. Confirmed sessions include:
1. Why will Colo Data Centres in Cities Be Disrupted by the re-architecting of Telephone Exchanges (Central Offices) to Open Source Cloud Data Centres? (Speaker: John Laban – Open Compute Project)
2. PPA’s as a Way of Delivering More Sustainable Energy to DataCentres (Speaker: Anthony Rourke – EY Ireland)
3. Energy Performance Measurement in Datacentres- How ISO 50001 Should Deliver Real Datacentre Efficiency (Liam McLaughlin – GEN Europe)
4. Navigating the DataCentre Compliance Minefield with Homer Simpson and the Potential Impact on M&A’s (Emma Fryer – TechUK)
What else is on?
November 20, in the Presidents Room Accessed via the DataCentres Ireland Exhibition Hall
- 10.00 – 11.00 – “Cloud CIX product launch”
- 11.15- 12.30 – “Meet the DCA – The Data Centre Trade Association”
- 14.30 – 16.00 – “The first Irish iMasons Local edition event”
November 20, in the Catering area of the Main Exhibition Hall
- 17.15 – 16.45 – DataCentres Ireland Networking Drinks Reception
The Exhibition features over 85 of the most active suppliers and service providers, show casing the very latest in new products, technologies, services and solutions.
Access to all aspects of DataCentres Ireland is free and all those who register before the November 13 will be sent an email which includes a barcode that will allow you to register yourself onsite and speed your access into the event.