NTT Ltd.’s Global Data Centers division is expanding its worldwide co-location data centre platform with new facilities across key markets.
NTT – one of the world’s largest data centre providers, operates a platform with over 500,000 sqm of colocation space across 160 data centres located in more than 20 countries and regions.
“Organisations today demand an ever-expanding global platform to reach their growing digital business objectives,” said Masaaki Moribayashi, Senior Executive Vice President, Services for NTT Ltd. “That’s why we continue to expand our portfolio of the best data centres in new and existing markets that complement our global geographic footprint.”
While meeting the growing demand from the market, NTT has also committed to following sustainable best practices where possible while growing its global data center platform.
“All our new data centres will be set up for clients to use renewable energy if they choose, as NTT invests in a sustainable future for our planet,” said Moribayashi. “Our data centres are strategically located to support interconnected ecosystems around the world’s most important business and government hubs and will include the latest data centre technology for security, reliability and energy efficiency.”
NTT’s Global Data Centers division will soon launch new data centre capability in India, the UK, Japan, USA, Germany, Malaysia and Indonesia. When fully complete, these data centres will provide over 400 megawatts (MW) of IT load across these markets.
- Mumbai, India – NTT Ltd. will go live with its new Mumbai 7 Data Center by Q3 2020 in its Chandivali campus. The Mumbai 7 Data Center will offer 25 MW of IT load. The Mumbai 7 Data Center will be the third data centre in the Chandivali campus, totalling 61 MW of IT load and is well connected by fiber from all four sides. Also, this data centre is a quick 15-minute drive from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport of Mumbai.
- London, UK – NTT Ltd.’s new London 1 Data Center is scheduled to open during Q3 2020. The London 1 Data Center is capable of 64 MW at full buildout, with 8 MW available at the facility’s opening. This facility will interconnect with NTT Ltd.’s five existing data centres around London to deliver over 100MW of IT load when fully completed. The London 1 Data Center is in Dagenham, east London, close to London’s Docklands, which is the UK’s Internet hub and backbone for global connectivity, which facilitates the majority of the London Internet Exchanges (LINX’s).
- Tokyo, Japan – For NTT Ltd.’s data centre coverage in Japan, NTT Communications will complete a new data centre that will be operational in Q3 2020.
- Hillsboro, Oregon, USA – NTT Ltd. is pre-leasing space now at its first data centre campus in Hillsboro, Oregon. In Q3 2020, the first 6 MW at the Hillsboro 1 Data Center is coming online as part of an existing building that is being repurposed to the highest-level data centre. NTT Ltd.’s 47-acre Hillsboro campus will eventually hold five data centres totalling 144 MW and will be directly connected to the ultra-high count fiber ring which serves as a cross connect for several transpacific submarine cables that reduce latency between the US and high-growth Asian markets.
- Ashburn, Virginia, USA – In Ashburn, Virginia, the largest and most sought-after data centre market in the world, NTT Ltd. is constructing its fifth data centre. The two-story Ashburn 5 Data Center will offer 32 MW, with 8 MW ready in Q3 2020. This will bring NTT Ltd.’s total Ashburn footprint to 108 MW over its five buildings. Three of those buildings are on NTT Ltd.’s fenced, secure, 78-acre Ashburn campus, which has room for four more buildings.
- Munich, Germany – NTT Ltd. has completed the shell of its second building within the Munich 2 Data Center campus. The new building is scheduled to go online in Q4 2020 and once completed the campus will provide 14 MW of IT load for clients. The Munich area is the economical and digital hub of Southern Germany. The Munich 2 Data Center also hosts a Technology Experience Lab and is part of the scalable network and connectivity ecosystem of NTT.
- Cyberjaya, Malaysia – NTT Ltd. is constructing its fifth data centre at its Cyberjaya campus, which is 30 km away from the centre of Kuala Lumpur. The new Cyberjaya 5 Data Center with 5.6 MW of critical IT load will come online in Q4 2020 and is designed to meet the requirements of hyperscalers and high-end enterprises.
- Chicago, Illinois, USA – NTT Ltd. is pre-leasing now for the new Chicago data centre campus located on a 19-acre site. A pair of two-story 36 MW buildings will total 72 MW of scalable critical IT load at full buildout. The first building, the Chicago 1 Data Center, will bring 6 MW online in Q1 2021.
- Jakarta, Indonesia – NTT Ltd.’s new campus in Bekasi, Indonesia is capable of 45 MW of critical IT load once fully developed. The new campus, to be known as the Indonesia Jakarta 3 Data Center, will be the largest data centre in Indonesia and is expected to open in the first half of 2021.
NTT also has plans in place for next year to develop new data centres in Johannesburg, Silicon Valley, Madrid, and Phoenix, as well as building additional capacity in Mumbai, London, Vienna, Zurich, Berlin and Frankfurt.
“We are pleased to leverage our deep construction expertise and the strength of our capital resources to extend our line of data center facilities – with more to come,” said Ryuichi Matsuo, Executive Vice President for NTT Ltd.’s Global Data Centers division. “By increasing our global footprint during this pandemic, we can support our clients as their demand increases for reliable, robust cloud services, cloud communications, digital entertainment and new technology such as artificial intelligence.”